Cufflinks are piece of jewelry accessory which typically come in pair and they are used to hold together shirt cuffs which have button holes on both sides but no buttons.
It can be manufactured from a variety of different materials, such as glass, stones, leather, metal, precious metal or combination of these.
Cufflinks can be worn with either single cuffs, which look just like a regular buttoning dress shirt’s cuffs but with holes on both sides of the opening, or with doubled-back “French” cuffs.
- If you are wearing cufflinks, then choose a shirt that has long cuffs. Also make sure the shirt has holes on both the sides. French cuffs will have two holes on either side of the opening.
- Fold you cuffs back properly so that the sleeves remain quite steady and uniform.
- Get all the cuffs together on the open sides of the cuffs.
- Try to get the holes on all the cuffs together so that it would be easier for you to put the cufflink on. It means the holes on all the cuffs should be lined up with each other.
- Once the holes are in a line, insert the cufflink and make sure it is not loose. The design side of a cufflink should be facing outside.
There are no universal rules or thumb rules. Wear cufflinks when you want to wear it. The most important thing to keep in mind is being sure that you stay in tune with your style and wearing what you feel best expresses who you are.
No products were found matching your selection.