For all those lucky ones who born in the April, they represent the diamond as their birthstone.
Diamonds are extremely rare and thats the reason why they are extremely Precious and costly.
Lets have some more knowledge about diamond.
History and Knowledge of Diamond :
The word diamond derives from the Greek word “adamas,” which means invincible or indestructible. The ancient Romans and Greeks believed that diamonds were tears cried by the gods or splinters from falling stars, and Romans believed that Cupid’s arrows were tipped with diamonds (perhaps the earliest association between diamonds and romantic love).
Diamonds are billions of years old—in some cases more than three billion years old. Diamonds form about 100 miles below ground and have been carried to the earth’s surface by deep volcanic eruptions. Ancient Hindus used diamonds in the eyes of devotional statues, and believed that a diamond could protect its wearer from danger.
Modern diamonds are rated by the four C’s, color, carat, cut, and clarity, put in place in the 1950’s by the GIA. These factors greatly influence the retail cost.
Diamonds come in several colors, including yellow, red, pink, blue, and green, and range in intensity from faint to vivid. Generally speaking, the more saturated the color, the higher the value.
Diamonds sparkling with intense color are rare and may be priced higher than a colorless diamond of equal size. Because fancy color diamonds are very desirable, color is sometimes introduced in a laboratory. These are correctly called color treated diamonds.
You probably already know of the diamond’s toughness. In fact, it’s the hardest gemstone and is made of just one element: carbon. Its structure makes it 58 times harder than anything in nature and can only be cut with another diamond.
Sources of Diamond :
The countries that are the main sources of diamonds have changed over time. India was the world’s original source of diamonds, beginning in the 1400s when Indian diamonds began to be sold in Venice and other European trade centres. Then in the 1700s India’s diamond supplies declined and Brazil became the world’s major source of diamonds, until the late 1800s when a huge diamond reserve was discovered in South Africa. Today, diamonds are mined in many parts of the world.
Diamond cutting centres are found all over the world, most notably in Belgium, India, Israel, South Africa, Thailand, China and the USA.
Benefits of Diamond :
- Diamond is the gem to improve qualities of planet Venus.
- It is hot in nature. It indicates love, marriage, colleague, prettiness, humility, honesty, harmony, dance, drama, actor, acting, enjoyment, magnetism and relation with opposite sex.
- Diamond’s vibes can increase humility, genuineness, and attractiveness.
- Its vibes can magnify charming personality and ease disturbed married life. Many times diamonds vibes release cause of divorce and separation.
- It vibes can also release bad status and aggressive nature.
- Its vibes reduce the involvement in illegal relations and may reduce financial loss too.
- Its vibes can reduce the involvement in illegal relations of wearer’s spouse.
- Its vibes may cure ovaries, breasts, reproductive systems, water, kidney, diabetes, urinary tract, throat, chin, cheeks and skin related elements.
- Diamonds vibes can guide the right path and selection to a wearer in the business.
In the first century AD, the Roman naturalist Pliny is quoted as having said, “Diamond is the most valuable, not only of precious stones, but of all things in this world.